We’re excited to inform you that Hotspot Shield is now part of Aura—a technology company on a mission …
We recently announced Hotspot Shield VPN for Wi-Fi Router, which protects your home network at the source.
If you only want to connect certain apps for access — like Apple TV — or want added privacy and security for specific apps, you may want to consider using a secondary router. Another benefit of using a secondary router is that you don’t have to tinker with your primary router and it’s also convenient to use when you’re traveling.
How to Connect Apple TV to Hotspot Shield via a Secondary Router
- Purchase a secondary router. We recommend GL.iNET as it is effective and inexpensive.
- Connect your secondary router to your primary router. You can easily do it through Ethernet cable or WiFi, though we recommend Ethernet for reliable and fast connection:
- Plug in one end of the Ethernet cable into the “WAN” port on GL.iNET and the other end into any of “LAN” ports on your primary router:
- Install and connect Hotspot Shield VPN on your secondary router.
- Now, it is time to connect Apple TV to your secondary router. We recommend enabling the VPN profile of the Virtual server you prefer first (e.g. US, UK or Japan) on the secondary router and then connect Apple TV to this router. Use an Ethernet cable for the best performance. Connect one side of the cable to the LAN port of the secondary router and the other end into the WAN (<->) port of Apple TV.
Hotspot Shield VPN for Wi-Fi Router is only available for Premium members. With Premium, you’ll enjoy faster speeds than Basic and you can connect up to 5 devices under your account — including Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Chrome, and our recently released Hotspot Shield for TV app.
Not yet a Premium member? It takes just seconds to sign up here.