By Praveen Kannan and Anna Strokolyst The Hotspot Shield team believes the internet should be open and secure …
Thanks to the Internet, we now have access to endless entertainment options without having to leave our home.
Most of you are familiar with on-demand streaming services like Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Amazon Prime.
But have you heard of Yahoo! Screen? Yahoo! Screen is Yahoo’s on-demand streaming service for TV shows, movies, and web series.
Here are some notable content available on Yahoo! Screen:
- The 6th season of the show, Community, is exclusively available on Yahoo! Screen
- The complete video archives of Saturday Night Live (SNL) skits
- Sporting events such as NFL football and college football
Yahoo! Screen’s Content is Free
Unlike its competitors Netflix and Hulu Plus, Yahoo Screen doesn’t sell subscriptions. All of its content is free, but are supported by ads. You can access all of its content for free as long as you have Internet connection and are staying in the U.S. (Due to licensing restrictions, its content is not available outside of the U.S. If you are traveling abroad or living outside of the U.S. and want to access Yahoo! Screen’s content, we will show you how below).
How to Access Yahoo! Screen’s Content from Any Country
If you are traveling abroad or located in another country, you can follow the step by step instructions below to use Hotspot Shield to get access to Yahoo! Screen’s content from any country.
When you use Hotspot Shield, it will give you a virtual U.S. IP address for the device that you use to connect to the Yahoo! Screen site. By connecting to the site with a U.S. IP, the site will think that you are connecting from the U.S. and will grant you unrestricted access to its content.
1) Turn on Hotspot Shield on your device. The Hotspot Shield app is available on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android. Click below to get your free download:
2) Upgrade to Hotspot Shield Elite version for faster speed, unlimited & unrestricted access to your favorite content. The Elite Membership enables you to protect up to 5 devices simultaneously and comes with 9 virtual locations (access even more geo-restricted content!). Click here to upgrade.
3) Inside the app, select “United States” as your virtual location
4) Connect to Yahoo! Screen, grab some popcorn, enough drinks, and enjoy any content you like on Yahoo! Screen.
If you have difficulties using Hotspot Shield and need support or have questions, contact us via our help desk. We will be happy to help!