At Hotspot Shield, we’re always working on new updates to make your experience even better. In our most recent update for iOS and Android, we’ve added 34 new countries to our list of virtual server locations. This means Hotspot Shield now allows you to connect through servers in 62 locations.
You can utilize the 34 new locations to access more unique content, find even better deals on things like vacation packages, and improve your connection speed by connecting to servers located closer to where you are — whether at home or when traveling abroad.
While the update is currently only for iOS and Android users, we will soon be rolling it out on
Why virtual locations matter
Hotspot Shield Premium users already had access to numerous virtual server locations — from the UK to India; Australia to China. By adding 34 new locations, it increases the usability of the app.
Virtual server locations allow you to:
- Access content that is restricted in certain geographical locations (sporting events, etc.)
- Access your local content when traveling abroad (Netflix, and so on)
- Play games or watch movies that are initially released in other countries
- Get faster gaming by connecting to servers located closer to the game’s servers
- Find cheaper deals on flights or vacation packages by accessing foreign pricing
- Spoof your location so it looks as if you’re located in a different country
Our free Hotspot Shield users have access to just one server location — the United States. To access all 62, you’ll need to upgrade to Premium for just a few bucks per month.
Here is a list of all the new virtual server locations added to Hotspot Shield. We’ve also got more in the pipeline, so stay tuned…
Isle of Man
Bosnia & Herzegovina