There are a lot of benefits to using a website access VPN, from IP address masking, which lets you access blocked content and hide all activities in connection with your IP address, to encryption, which protects your data from being intercepted during transit and helps you stay anonymous.
Most VPN software downloads today are free, with many providers offering paid options if you want access to advanced features. They are easy to download and install, and the whole process can take less than a minute. Installing a website access VPN on your device is a great way to make your online sessions safer and more enjoyable.
What if I don’t have administrator privileges?
One problem that a lot of people face when they attempt to install a VPN on the device they are using is their lack of administrator privileges, which prevents them from adding, removing and altering programs on the device.
Fortunately for you, there is a way to install a VPN on a device that won’t prompt you to enter administrator credentials or get you the attention of your IT administrator: downloading one as a web browser extension.
Hotspot Shield is a website access VPN that is available not just as apps for Windows, OS X, iOS and Android operating systems, but also as extensions for Chrome and Firefox. Just like their app counterparts, these extensions can provide all the benefits of a VPN and more at no cost. To use these extensions, follow the simple steps below.
- Download Hotspot Shield for Chrome via the Chrome web store. The Hotspot Shield icon will appear at the upper-right corner of your browser upon successful installation.
- Click on the Hotspot Shield icon to open up the software and choose the ‘Continue as free user’ option. If you want to have access to Hotspot Shield’s advanced features, you can opt for the Elite version by starting the 7-day free trial.
- Click the connect button to start your session. You can change your virtual location by choosing among the virtual locations provided.
- A green icon means that the software is in use; otherwise, it will appear red.
- Download the Hotspot Shield Firefox add-on. The Hotspot Shield icon at the panel beside the search bar will indicate that you have successfully installed the add-on.
- Click on the icon to start the software.
- Select your preferred virtual location. For Firefox, you have 12 virtual locations to choose from.
- After choosing the virtual location, click the toggle to start your session.
- The icon will appear green to indicate that your session is underway.
Get Hotspot Shield website access VPN now
Make your internet sessions better and enjoy all the benefits of a free VPN, even without administrator privileges, by downloading Hotspot Shield website access VPN for Chrome and Firefox! To learn more, visit the Hotspot Shield website today.
And be sure to check out our recent post for simple tips to significantly improve your online privacy.