If you’re a fan of the Fire Emblem series of games, or you are a die-hard fan of tactical turn-based Japanese role-playing games (JRPGs), then you’re probably delighted to hear about Fire Emblem Heroes, the franchise’s first foray into smartphone gaming. However, the game is blocked in certain countries and can be restricted on various school or office WiFi networks. Fortunately, you can unblock Fire Emblem Heroes easily using Hotspot Shield VPN.
Read on to find out how:
Unblock Fire Emblem Heroes
- Access to Fire Emblem heroes — The most notable feature of Fire Emblem Heroes is that it allows you to summon protagonists or “Heroes” from different titles in the main series to become part of your in-game roster, in exchange for in-game items called orbs. You can get orbs for free after a set amount of time or after completing maps.
- You can also buy heroes — Like any free-to-play mobile game, in-app purchases are also possible in Fire Emblem Heroes. You can buy orbs (among other in-game items) if you don’t want to wait for your complimentary supply of orbs.
- Smaller maps — Maps are smaller in Fire Emblem Heroes; this enables one-hand controls which is an important factor in mobile gaming.
- No permadeath — In Fire Emblem games, when a character is killed in battle, you lose them forever. In Heroes, your characters can die, but you’ll still be able to access them after completing a map. The absence of permadeath might irk longtime fans, but this is actually appropriate for a game with a free-to-play model.
Fire Emblem is among the world’s most popular JRPG franchises, together with Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, Suikoden, and the Legend of Zelda. This is why when Fire Emblem Heroes was first announced as one of the four new games in the franchise and the first-ever official title for iOS and Android, fans the world over went crazy.
Unfortunately, for a large number of these international fans, the game is only available in around 39 countries. This means that for fans outside the available territories cannot play the game. Additionally, many school networks block access to games.
Unblock Fire Emblem Heroes with Hotspot Shield VPN
Online content is region-locked if it can only be accessed by users within a given virtual location. In this case, region blocking is active in the 39 or so countries that Fire Emblem Heroes is restricted to. For users outside these territories, or on school networks where gaming is restricted, to be able to access the game they will need to access “virtual” locations in these countries. The simplest way to do this is to change their IP address using a VPN.
Hotspot Shield is a VPN for Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android that lets you unblock content that is blocked in your country or the local network you’re connected to. It gives you access to other virtual locations by temporarily replacing your real IP address with one from another virtual location. By connecting to Hotspot Shield, you’ll be able to access Fire Emblem Heroes anywhere.
Follow these steps to unblock Fire Emblem Heroes:
Step 1: Download Hotspot Shield for free from your app store
Step 2: Open up the Hotspot Shield app and press “connect”
Step 3: If you need to “spoof” your location, select a new virtual location from the dropdown menu
Step 4: Open up your Fire Emblem Heroes game
Step 5: Voila! Fire Emblem Heroes unblocked.
Hotspot Shield has other nifty features aside from being able to unblock Fire Emblem Heroes, including:
- IP address masking
- Anonymous browsing
- Advanced encryption technology
- Added security when connecting to public hotspots
- Malware protection
You can learn more about these by visiting the Hotspot Shield website.
More virtual locations with Hotspot Shield Premium
The free version of Hotspot Shield VPN provides access to a US IP address by default (this will unblock Fire Emblem Heroes in your school or office). If you want access to more virtual locations, though, you can download the free version and then upgrade to the Premium version for just $2.99 per month (there is a 7-day free trial). Aside from ad-free browsing and access to a dedicated customer service team, Hotspot Shield Premium allows you to access more than 20+ virtual locations, opening up more possibilities to enjoy the game.
What are you waiting for? Play Fire Emblem Heroes wherever you are by installing Hotspot Shield on your device today. For more information about its features, visit the Hotspot Shield website. Don’t forget to read our blog for more news on unblocking games and restricted content, malware security, anonymity, and much more.