In our continuing efforts to make sure you’re always protected online, the Hotspot Shield team has added browser-based protection for your online defense. Along with Windows, Mac, Android and iOS devices, Hotspot Shield protection is now available as an extension on your Chrome browser.
Features for Hotspot Shield Chrome Extension
- Completely FREE, No Ads, No logs
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Simple UI and easy to use (Big On/Off button)
- 20+ Virtual Locations available: inc., United States, Netherlands, Canada, France, Denmark, and more
- Optimize your connection speed. Connect to the Virtual Location that gives you the fastest connection speed
- Hide your real location and online activities
- Encrypt and protect your browser traffic with military grade security
- Get unlimited access to sites such as Facebook, Youtube, Netflix, Pandora, Spotify, Steam, Amazon, Yahoo Screen, Instagram, and more—no matter where you are in the world
Because it’s completely free, there’s no signing in with the Hotspot Shield browser extension. The extension provides the same features for all users.
Getting started with the Hotspot Shield Chrome extension
Hotspot Shield VPN for Chrome is available for Chrome version 40 and later. It’s easy to install, try it now:
- Visit the Hotspot Shield Chrome extension page in the Chrome Web Store.
- Click + ADD TO CHROME and then click Add.
- Turn protection on from the Hotspot Shield icon in your browser. Then you’re ready to browse securely and anonymously.
Once Hotspot Shield is installed in your browser, you can turn protection on or off with a flip of a switch. Choose the Virtual Location you want to browse with or select the globe icon to let Hotspot Shield choose the optimum Virtual Location for you.
How different is it from Hotspot Shield Android, iOS, Windows and Mac apps
The Chrome extension has the same basic features as other Hotspot Shield clients—it hides your IP address, unblocks content, encrypts your traffic, and secures your browsing sessions.
The difference is that your online activities outside of your browser are not protected by the Hotspot Shield extension. While the Hotspot Shield standalone apps protect all traffic received and sent from a device, the Hotspot Shield extension will only secure and encrypt your browser’s traffic. So if you Skype with someone, your Skype connection will not be protected by the Chrome extension. For full protection, we highly recommend using the Hotspot Shield desktop and mobile app, so all your internet traffic gets protected.
If you’re looking for a lightweight, FREE and easy-to-use solution just for your browser, then the Hotspot Shield Chrome extension is for you. Download today.