Hotspot Shield allows you to securely browse the Web and access restricted content on your computer and mobile devices. Below, is a tutorial that will show you how to sign up for Hotspot Shield Elite and install the app on your iOS device.
Steps to Protect your iOS device from malware
- First off, head to www.hsselite.com/sign-up and enter the email address and password you would like to associate with your account.
- Once this has been completed, you will be taken to your account’s page. Here, you will be greeted with a banner that will tell you to share Hotspot Shield with your friends. You can proceed to do this later (there’s always a chance to win cool prizes!). For now though, close this banner and click “Buy more time” if you want to subscribe to Hotspot Shield Elite. If you already have a redeem code, you can click on “Redeem License” and enter your code there.
- After your account has reached Elite Status, it’s time to add your device to the account! Go on to your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch, and search for “Hotspot Shield” in the App Store. Alternatively, you can click this link. Install “Hotspot Shield” from AnchorFree.
- Once you have installed the app, tap it in order to get started. You will be prompted to either sign up or enter existing account details. Given that we have already created an account in Steps 1 and 2, tap “Existing Account” and enter your login details.
- The app will now redirect you to Safari and ask you to install the Hotspot Shield profile. Tap “Install” and then tap “Done.” Now, you should be redirected to the Hotspot Shield app.
- After a few seconds, the app should connect to the VPN telling you that Hotspot Shield is connected!
And it’s as simple as that. You can now view how long Hotspot Shield has been on, browsing statistics, and manage your account. The app also allows you to increase your Elite subscription. Just tap “My Account” and choose the plan that serves you best.
If any of these steps were confusing, you can watch the YouTube tutorial we have created. Should you still need to ask any further questions, feel free to leave a comment and I will respond to it.