If you’re a fan of the Fire Emblem series of games, or are a die-hard fan of tactical turn-based Japanese role-playing games (JRPGs) in general, then you’re probably delighted to hear about Fire Emblem Heroes, the franchise’s first foray into smartphone gaming.
- Access to Fire Emblem heroes – The most notable feature of Fire Emblem Heroes is that it allows you to summon protagonists or “Heroes” from different titles in the main series to become part of your in-game roster, in exchange for in-game items called orbs. You can get orbs for free after a set amount of time or after completing maps.
- You can also buy heroes – Like any free-to-play mobile game, in-app purchases are also possible in Fire Emblem Heroes. You can buy orbs (among other in-game items) if you don’t want to wait for your complimentary supply of orbs.
- Smaller maps – Maps are smaller in Fire Emblem Heroes; this enables one-hand controls which is an important factor in mobile gaming.
- No permadeath – In Fire Emblem games, when a character is killed in battle, you lose them forever. In Heroes, your characters can die, but you’ll still be able to access them after completing a map. The absence of permadeath might irk long time fans, but this is actually appropriate for a game with a free-to-play model.
Fire Emblem is among the world’s most popular JRPG franchises, together with Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, Suikoden, and the Legend of Zelda. This is why when Fire Emblem Heroes was announced last month as one of the four new games in the franchise and the first ever official title for iOS and Android, fans the world over went crazy.
Unfortunately for a large number of these international fans, as of writing, the game is only available in 39 countries. Although Nintendo promises to expand the game’s availability in the coming months, the video game company is yet to publish an exact date. This means that for fans outside the available territories, playing the game would have to wait. Or they can unblock Fire Emblem Heroes by using a VPN.
Unblock Fire Emblem Heroes with Hotspot Shield
Online content is region-locked if it can only be accessed by users within a given virtual location. In this case, region blocking is active in the 39 countries that Fire Emblem Heroes is restricted to. For users outside these territories to be able to access the game, they will need to access virtual locations in these countries. The simplest way to do this is to change their IP address using a VPN.
Hotspot Shield is an inexpensive VPN for iOS and Android that lets you access content that is blocked in your country or the local network you’re connected to. It gives you access to other virtual locations by temporarily replacing your real IP address with one from another virtual location. With this, you’ll be able to unblock Fire Emblem Heroes anywhere.
Hotspot Shield has other nifty features aside from this, including:
- IP address masking
- Anonymous browsing
- Advanced encryption technology
- Added security when connecting to public hotspots
- Malware protection
You can learn more about these by visiting the Hotspot Shield website.
More virtual locations with Hotspot Shield Elite
The free version of Hotspot Shield VPN provides access to a US IP address by default. If you want access to more virtual locations, though, you can download the free version and then upgrade to the Elite version for a small fee. Aside from ad-free browsing and access to a dedicated customer service team, Hotspot Shield Elite allows you to access more than 15 virtual locations, opening up more possibilities to enjoy the game!
What are you waiting for? Unblock Fire Emblem Heroes wherever you are by installing Hotspot Shield on your device today! For more information about its features, visit the Hotspot Shield website. Don’t forget to read our blog for more malware security, anonymity and content access news and tips.