If you want to download Hotspot Shield for iOS on your iPhone/iPad/iPod without upgrading to iOS 8, we tell you how to here for existing and new users:
For existing users of Hotspot Shield:
If you have purchased or downloaded Hotspot Shield from the iOS App Store before onto an Apple device, you can go to the Hotspot Shield store listing in the iOS App Store. You will be provided with an option to download the last compatible version (V2.2.1) of Hotspot Shield for your device. You still must have iOS 4.2 or later or OSX Mountain Lion (10.8) or later to download Hotspot Shield.
You can also restore the Hotspot Shield app from iTunes by following these steps.
- Connect your device to the computer you use to back-up your device.
- Go to “Apps” section of the Library.
- Find Hotspot Shield in the list of apps, then select “Install”.
- Click “Apply”.
Once your device syncs with the above changes, you should find the last compatible version of Hotspot Shield on your device.
For new users who never downloaded Hotspot Shield onto an Apple device before:
If you’ve never used Hotspot Shield on an Apple device before, and own a device with iOS 4.2-iOS 7, you can still download the last compatible version of the app.
- Purchase or download Hotspot Shield from the iOS App Store on a Mac or Windows PC.
- Hotspot Shield is now associated with the Apple ID you used to download it onto your Mac or Windows PC.
- Go to the iOS App Store on your device using the same Apple ID that you used for Step 1.
- Go to the Hotspot Shield page in the iOS App Store. You should now be offered an option to download the last compatible version for Hotspot Shield.
Our support team is here for you. If you have questions please feel free to reach out via our help desk: hsselite.zendesk.com or via email at email@example.com.